Wednesday, September 13, 2006

So there are two main things that have happened to me since I last updated (whenever that was). Can you guess them from this photo?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

How about the combination of these two?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm currently in England, and I have a very small companion (who's demanding more room every day). I'm actually in Manchester, to be precise, though I took those photos in London last Saturday. I'm doing some research at the U of Manchester, paving the way for a series of student exchanges between our two schools. At this point I'm basically just dealing with administrative things and training on various equipment until my samples arrive. The increased airport security made us think they might be a little eeked out by my checking uncured epoxy packed in dry ice, so Brian is sending them on. Today marks a week since I left Ohio. Oh yeah, we moved to Ohio too. (We have decided that MS is now the place that shall not be mentioned or we'd just spend all our time saying "x is better than how it was in MS.") In a very scary twist, we also bought a house:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With a huge backyard:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's technically in a suburb of Dayton, but it's one of the first-teir ones and is more urban feeling. It seems to be the best neighborhood around, and only a very desperate seller (a previous contract fell through and the seller had already moved to a nursing home) and extreme price drop made it possible for us to move there. It needs some (entire) redecorating, but is in very good shape otherwise. While Mark works out the details of that, however, I will be living out of a suitcase until Christmas. Until after Christmas, I suppose, since we'll probably travel for that. First I'll be here in Manchester until the 23rd of October, then I'll go back to Ohio until the 28th when we go to NJ for a wedding and then I'm back in Seattle until the holidays frantically trying to finish my research and general exam. I gave up my apartment so I don't have a plan, per say, as to where I'll be living this time, but I figure I'll work something out on Craig's List or something. If all else fails, there's always the couch in my office and the showers at the gym...

I've worked a little on my River Rapids socks, but otherwise not much knitting has been done.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics of london, the babe looks like s(he) is doing well, congrats on the house and we miss you terribly here in seattle.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ah, there you are. It's been a little lonely since you left.
You seem to have started a pregnant knitter trend. It seems like every knitblogger is pregnant now!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Whining Procrastinator said...

Ya know, ever since I sent you those socks (yep, this is your 2006 sockapalooza sock pal saying hi!) I've wondered what you were up to. It turns out YOU and I were in London, England AT THE SAME TIME!!! Well, ok, you were seeing the sights and I was helping my sweetheart mow the lawn and trim the hedge several miles south of you, but we were still technically in London. Wow. Congrats on the new house and the work and the baby and everything else you're up to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home